Friday, September 21, 2007

Into the Wild with Sean Penn and John Krakauer

I have to grow a beard now so I will actually look like a writer.

I don't want to look like Hemmingway though.He was not one of my favorite writers, or people. I am glad he begat the son who begat Margaux and Mariel though.

I saw the Oprah promo today for Sean Penn's movie version of John Krakauer's book, Into the Wild.

When Sean Penn was a young man I didn't think he had many possibilities, but he sure has surprised me. It's very rare for me to enjoy anything on Oprah's show anymore, but I really was impressed with Sean's maturity now.

I also liked author John Krakauer's comments about the writing of Into the Wild. While I'm not crazy about going "into" the wild, I understand the reasons for doing so. Just like John said,"sometimes we have to step out of our box to live."

Got me thinking of growing a beard to match my mustache.

Copyright-2007-Jay Hudson-All rights reserved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home